Kỹ năng đọc hiểu IELTS Reading là một trong bốn phần quan trọng giúp bạn có được điểm cao trong bài thi IELTS. Trong bài viết này, KTDC Team sẽ tổng hợp một số bài tập IELTS Reading phổ biến giúp các bạn nâng cao khả năng đọc hiểu và học từ vựng cần thiết. Các bài tập với nhiều dạng bài như điền từ, điền đoạn, True / Fasle, nối đoạn,… Cùng luyện tập nào!
Đáp án ở cuối bài viết nha.
|Bài tập 1:|
The following letter from Mike about his recent European vacation was sent to Linda. Unfortunately, her dog chewed it up and now Mike needs to put it back in the right order. Can you help him? Put the correct number into each of the boxes in the four missing parts. There are two extra paragraphs you don’t need.
1. Clive and his wife left us once we got to Germany by train. They went up into Denmark but we continued to Munich. Wow – what a great city. I bought you a surprise gift there. I hope you like it.
2. As I told you yesterday, I am in Rome today. Tomorrow we are getting the train down into the south of the country and then the ship across to Greece.
3. I paid nearly $200 for it but it looks magnificent and is made of real leather.
4. OK, that’s enough from me for now. I want to post this letter now so you get it by the weekend.
5. At least when we got to Paris, the sun was shining! We only stayed for one afternoon in the French capital because my friends really wanted to visit Euro Disney which is to the east of Paris.
6. I sent her a postcard last night. It had the Eiffel Tower on it, which she has always wanted to visit. Now she can look at it on a postcard every day!
How are things with you. It was great talking to you yesterday by phone. (A) ________________
I can’t wait to arrive in Athens to see all that history. Let me tell you something about where we have visited so far. I know you want to come here on vacation too one day!
We started in England and we spent two days in London and another day in Canterbury. We saw a lot of great history and the only bad thing was the weather – it rained for the whole time we were there. Can you believe it? (B) ________________
Well, I have to say I prefer the American Disneyland. But we met some nice people from Canada and spent two great days with them. One of them, Clive, is going to your university next year. How’s that for a coincidence! (C) ________________
After that, we went south into Switzerland. It was very expensive and we couldn’t stay as long as we wanted to, so that’s why we’re in Italy now! (D) ________________
See you soon,
|Bài tập 2|
Read the following short text about a party and decide the best place in the text for the phrases which follow. Write the correct number in the boxes after each of the sentences.
For Example: if you think the first sentence should go after the word Beyonce, write 6 in the box.
When I arrived at the party ___1___, there were many people ___2___ there ___3___. First I saw Bill Clinton ___4___ near the bar ___5___. Beyonce ___6___ was with some friends ___7___. Sting and Justin Bieber ___8___ were near a big group of young girls ___9___. All the waiters were Mexican ___10___.
A. and were talking to each other in Spanish ______
B. and were singing a beautiful Italian song ______
C. who was drinking a bottle of vodka ______
D. and everybody was enjoying themselves ______
E. and was singing her latest song ______
|Bài tập 3|
England in China
Read about this piece of England in China, then answer the true/false questions.
The building company Hong Kong Housing is building a new suburb in Shanghai, a city with a population of more than 15 million people. But this suburb is not like other parts of Shanghai. It is a little piece of England. The name of the new area is “English Town”. The manager of Hong Kong Housing, Shi Guangsheng, says many people in this area of China want to buy an English house and live in an English town.
“This town is like Bristol or Chester. There is an English square and there are pigeons to feed like in Trafalgar Square, London. There are four English-style pubs and you can buy English beer to drink. There is a canal and you can row a boat there like in Cambridge.”
Are there any cricket fields? “No, there aren’t any places to play cricket because nobody in Shanghai can play this game. But there is a football stadium like those in England. And the thing we are very proud of is our shopping street. There are several shops where you can buy traditional English food like fish and chips or Christmas Pudding.”
The rich Shanghai businessman can do some gardening too. For with every house in “English Town”, there is an English lawn and there are long gardens with ponds and tall hedges.
But there is one problem. The houses in this part of town cost a minimum of $400,000!
1. “English Town” is in a Chinese city. ____ True/False
2. These houses are only for English people to buy. ____ True/False
3. There are pigeons in all the gardens. ____ True/False
4. The English pubs look like pubs in Cambridge. ____ True/False
5. There aren’t any cricket fields in the new development. ____ True/False
6. Shi Guangsheng feels proud about the English-style shops. ____ True/False
7. Most houses have a lawn. ____ True/False
8. The houses are cheap. ____ True/False
|Bài tập 4|
Read the film reviews below of The Silver Glove and then decide the best answer for the questions below. For some questions, there are two answers. In this case, put the two letters in alphabetical order and with a hyphen in between. e.g. C-F
The Silver Bore
If you’ve ever seen a pirate film in the past, you can save your money. This is one of the most predictable films I have seen this year. The plot is totally unbelievable and the script is something amateurish out of filmmaker college. There is some nice cinematography but the Hawaiian scenery is not enough to save this film. Great support acting from the Frenchman Thierry Montpasse as the evil Captain Scar.
Pirates At The Speed Of Light
I just loved this fast-moving pirate thriller. The story moves at dizzying speed from one terrifying battle scene to the next and you really feel as if you are on the ships with these evil thieves and smugglers. Chief pirate, British actor Colin Williams, is given all the best, wittiest lines and the film has its share of laughs as well as scary moments. The storm scene at the beginning leaves you both exhausted and terrified.
A Hidden Treasure
I found this film absolutely delightful. An inspiring cast is directed with great skill and invention by German Dieter Muller. There are plenty of surprises in the story to keep the audience guessing until the last minute. Some clever jokes give the film a surprising level of humor too, which I really wasn’t expecting from a film about pirates.
Film Should Walk The Plank
The Silver Glove promises much but delivers very little. The opening scene, filmed in a storm of lightning and high waves, is an exciting start but as the film takes you from one swordfight to another, it starts to seem a bit monotonous. Patricia Groves plays the doctor wonderfully and there may be an Oscar nomination for her in the new year.
Sharp Sword Drama
The Silver Glove is an action-packed pirate drama in the best traditions of this genre. If you only want swordfights and buried treasure, you may be disappointed as this intriguing film also offers a complex plot which is never dull. Some of the language may be too crude for younger children but this is really my only complaint. Some fine acting completes this fun movie.
Glove Sinks In The Sea
After all the money that has been spent on this simplistic pirate tale, you would expect more than this dull movie. The battle scenes are so repetitive that you may think you’ve seen the film before. Some of the camera work is inventive and is to be complimented. The ship chase creates a lot of tension and excitement that the rest of the film fails to do.
A. Daniel Jones
B. Angela Moore
C. Max Court
D. Deborah McGhee
E. William Wilson
F. Maria Thomson
Which film critic(s):
1. Likes the opening scenes? _________________
2. Didn’t expect to laugh at the film? _________________
3. Compliments an actress on her performance? _________________
4. Has a warning for traditional pirate film fans? _________________
5. Comments on the humor of the film? _________________
6. Has a warning for parents? _________________
7. Says something about the film’s location? _________________
8. Praises the “look” of the film? _________________
9. Knew what was going to happen in the film? _________________
10 Makes fun of the film’s title? _________________
|Bài tập 5|
Here are four people talking about eating out. After you read, answer each question with a paragraph number (1-4).
A.The last time I went to a restaurant was about 2 months ago. My wife and I wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary with a good meal so we went to an expensive Italian restaurant in downtown Lisbon. We both had pasta to start and for the main course my wife ordered a steak and I chose fish. For dessert we both ate chocolate cake topped with fresh cream. Delicious!
B. I went to a restaurant yesterday evening with my sister’s children. It wasn’t very expensive and the menu was very limited. We all had a burger and French fries, and drank cola. It wasn’t very good.
C. My boyfriend loves spicy food so this restaurant was perfect. The waiters were all really friendly and polite, and they played traditional sitar music which was very relaxing. The menu offered vegetarian dishes as well as meat dishes served with rice and a sauce – it depended on how hot you wanted it! I chose a mild beef curry but my boyfriend had a lamb ‘vindaloo’ – he also drank 2 liters of water!!
D. My class at the university went there last weekend. It’s a very popular type of restaurant in my country. It generally offers one type of food (a kind of bread with cheese and tomato sauce) which you then choose what ingredients to add on top of it. I asked for olives and mushrooms on mine and my classmates each had something different so we could taste a piece of each person’s meal.
1. In which text did the person go there for a special occasion? _________________
2. In which text did the person visit an Indian restaurant? _________________
3. In which text did the person eat pizza? _________________
4. In which text did the person eat fast food? _________________
5. In which text did someone eat seafood? _________________
6. In which text did the person talk about the atmosphere of the restaurant? _________________
7. Which restaurant was cheap? _________________
8. In which text didn’t the person enjoy their meal? _________________
9. In which text did someone eat a very hot dish? _________________
10. In which text did the person have a vegetarian meal? _________________
|Bài tập 6|
Circus in town
Read through the text about a circus, then answer the questions below.
The Rodriguez Brothers Circus is in town! Every year, the circus arrives and stays for a week. Then they go to the next town.
There are not many animals in the circus. People told the circus that they didn’t like seeing animals performing. There is an elephant called Jacob and two old lions, Hattie and Meg.
Most of the performers are human! There is Leopold, The Strongest Man In The World. His father also worked in the circus, but Leopold is stronger than him, he has bigger arms and bigger legs too! Leopold performs his act every night for the town’s people who come to watch.
Another performer is Clara. She says she has the longest hair in the world. It’s about 4 metres long! She also has a daughter who works in the circus. Her name is Sue-Ellen. Her hair is a lot shorter, but she wants to grow it as long as her mother’s. Sue-Ellen helps look after the animals and she’s also learning how to juggle.
The highlight of the circus are the three clowns, Pit, Pot and Pat. They all wear long red shoes, but Pat’s shoes are the longest and sometimes, he falls over because they’re so long! They perform for about twenty minutes and they are always the most popular act with the audience, especially the children. Many people think Pit, Pot and Pat are three brothers, but Pat is older than the other two – he’s their father! He’s the oldest clown in the country, but he has a lot of energy.
Tomorrow will be the longest day because the circus is leaving town and everything must be packed away into big trucks.
1. The circus comes to the town twice a year. ___True/False
2. There are not many animals in the circus. __True/False
3. People don’t come to the circus because of the animals. ___True/False
4. Leopold and his father work in the circus together. ___True/False
5. Leopold’s father is the strongest. ___True/False
6. Clara’s hair is longer than her daughter’s hair. ___True/False
7. Sue-Ellen wants to be a clown in the circus. ___True/False
8. Pit is the father of the other two clowns. ___True/False
9. The three clowns wear identical shoes. ___True/False
10. Everyone is very tired on the day that the circus leaves town. ___True/False
Bài tập 1: A – 2 B – 5 C – 1 D – 4
Bài tập 2: A -10 B -9 C – 4 D – 3 E-7
Bài tập 3: 1-T 2-F 3-F 4- F 5- T 6- T 7-F 8-F
Bài tập 4: 1- B D 2- C 3- D 4- E 5- B C 6- E 7- A 8- A F 9- A 10- A F
Bài tập 5: 1- A 2- C 3- D 4- B 5- A 6-C 7- B 8- B 9- C 10-D
Bài tập 6: 1- F 2-T 3-T 4-F 5-F 6- T 7-F 8- F 9- F 10-T
- Lâm Hoàng chia sẻ cách để đạt điểm IELTS cao thông qua luyện tập
- Câu chuyện học IELTS từ con số không của Goal Achiever