KTDC is a high-end boutique IELTS test prep center in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Established in 2009 not to be the biggest, but definitely the best in the industry.
Recently, IELTS tests have been required in high schools and local Universities and this jump to English at an IELTS level can be very challenging for young adults. Therefore, we are looking for highly qualified and experienced student coaches to support our students on their IELTS journey.
Why work for KTDC as a Personal Coach?
Our Personal Coaches will provide the ‘wrap-around’ support package each individual needs, focusing on support and encouragement, providing extra tutorial services where required, close communication with teachers and parents, and handling difficulties with study.
This is NOT a teaching position, but a highly specialized customer service role, providing the full range of support a student needs to complement the learning they receive in classes from their IELTS teachers.
Personal Coaches are at the centre of the students’ journey, interfacing with marketing, the customer service consulting team, and teachers to make sure we provide a highly personalized student experience.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Student Progress Management
- Work closely with IELTS teachers to provide a coordinated after-class support plan.
- Following up with students that have identified study issues.
- Ensure that personal study plans are prepared according to students’ individual needs.
- Monitor student progress.
- Identify gaps in student learning or confidence.
- Support students that have lost enthusiasm to study.
- Engage with students to foster a sense of community and trust.
- Update student progress in the LMS system.
2. Student Contact
- Develop and deliver student orientation sessions before they begin studying
- Develop and deliver 1:1 or small group tutoring sessions to students identified with additional needs.
- Meet students before/after class to encourage and motivate them.
- Be available to discuss any study concerns.
- Work closely with the Alumni team to develop and design speaking support sessions.
- Develop a close relationship with the teachers to ensure students are supported in and out of the classroom.
- Interface regularly with marketing and the consulting team to ensure a coordinated service and a consistent message to students.
- A strong customer service mindset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy for the difficulties in studying English.
- Experience in developing study plans.
- Problem solving skills with a “solution – focused” outcome.
- Great organizational skills and an eye for detail.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Google products and reporting skills
- Able to work on a rotation schedule including weekends, mornings, and evenings.
- Knowledge of customer service and the education industry.
- Knowledge of the IELTS exam and requirements.
- Can demonstrate a proficient level of English.
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
- Working in a professional foreign environment with a culture of learning and growth.
- Ongoing coaching, professional development and mentoring.
- Worldwide Health insurance after probation.
- Health & Social Insurance from Government.
- 13th-month salary.
- Sponsor 50% of IELTS exam fee.
Please send your full resume, contact details, application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 30th, 2023.
Title: your name – Applying position.